Work with a trusted elder law attorney. Work with Berwitz & DiTata LLP.
What is elder law? What does an elder law attorney do?
Elder law is a multidisciplinary field related to helping seniors and those with disabilities protect assets and preserve dignity. Depending on your unique needs, your elder law attorney may provide legal services related to:
- Estate planning related to Wills and trusts
- Asset protection planning
- Last will and testament creation
- Revocable trusts and irrevocable trusts
- Providing for family, including grandchildren
- Medicaid eligibility planning , Medicaid applications, Medicaid recertification and Fair Hearings
- Disability planning including advanced directives, such as a health care proxy, living will and powers of attorney
- Special Needs Trusts and Supplemental Needs Trusts
- Nursing home issues
- Retirement living (nursing homes, assisted living facilities, independent living)
- Retirement planning, including planning for family with disabilities
- Veteran’s benefits
Our Elder Law Attorneys Have Strong Credentials
The elder law attorneys at Berwitz & DiTata LLP provide expertise in legal services for the elderly, the disabled and their families. We are very personable, professional elder law attorneys committed to helping you and your family protect your assets and provide for long term care.
- Senior Partner Maureen Rothschild DiTata serves as Co-Chair of the Elder Law Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association and Senior Partner Lawrence N. Berwitz was a past Co-Chair
- Senior Partner Lawrence N. Berwitz serves as a Vice Chairperson of the Surrogate’s Court Estates and Trusts Committee of the Nassau County Bar Association
- Both senior partners belong to the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and serve on various committees of the New York State, Nassau County, Suffolk County and Queens County Bar Associations dealing with trusts and estates, taxation, elder law and Surrogate’s Court practice
- Both senior partners lecture frequently on issues concerning elder law, estate planning, and asset preservation
It is estimated by some sources that over one-half of American seniors (age 65 plus) will require long-term care at some time during their lives. Moreover, seniors will comprise over 20% of the total U.S. population within forty years. At the same time, we find health care costs and the cost of living increasing dramatically. Fortunately, through estate planning, health care planning and asset protection planning, our New York elder law attorneys can help you and your family:
- Plan against unforeseen, catastrophic events that can wipe our your savings and wealth
- Protect a family member with Special Needs
- Avoid Guardianship where possible or navigate this complex legal process
- Provide protection should you or a loved one become ill, incapacitated or injured
- Protect your property, wealth and assets from estate taxes
- Make your wishes clearly known and documented as they relate to health, medical and financial matters
- Assure financial stability for other family members
- Access governmental benefits such as Medicaid
Berwitz & DiTata LLP are recognized as authorities on elder law. We are proud to be nationally recognized by the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc. Consult with our compassionate, experienced attorneys, call or contact us online today. Put a lifetime plan in place that will protect you, your family, your hard-earned assets and your dignity.
Do you need assistance from a seasoned New York Elder Law attorney?
Call Us Now Berwitz & DiTata LLP at 516-747-3200
Berwitz & DiTata LLP
310 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530